Real Estate FAQs

Can I Split a Piece of Property I Co-own With Someone if They Do Not Want to Split It?

If you own a piece of property with a co-tenant, in most situations, you have the legal right to force the split of that property. However, depending on the size of the property a court might find that the property cannot be split and a sale would be forced instead. If you are considering splitting up a property owned with another party it is suggested that you attempt to do so amicably. However, if you are unable to do so please contact our office for a consultation on what steps you could take next to protect your interest in the property.

Can I Add Another Person (Usually a Spouse or Child) to a Deed for My Property?

Yes, you are able to do so. However, if you have a mortgage on your property, adding a new party to the deed my violate the terms of the mortgage. If you have a mortgage you should review the terms of your mortgage as well as check with your bank for any objections before you add another party to the deed.

Client Reviews

An amazing law firm, with amazing lawyers wouldn’t recommend going anywhere else, give them a call if you need a good lawyer.

DJ Lee
Fill out the contact form or call us at (814) 826-2244 to schedule your consultation.

Leave Us a Message